Monday 2 April 2018

Hyperextensibles.

Ben woke me out of sound sleep last night, pulling me away from Lochlan, up into his arms, pressing his face into the space between my ear and my shoulder, exhaling as he held me so tight he would have to breathe for both of us, because I couldn't any longer and that's what woke me up.

He put me down underneath him, pulling my arms up around his neck, forcing my legs around his hips, kissing me softly as he moved to become a part of me. I pulled myself up hard against him and I'm no longer touching the earth, just Ben. It's a memory come back to life. He's still here. He still breathes. He still reaches for me in the way I reach for him.

One arm pulls me up so hard I don't have any control anymore, before being pushed back down just as hard, pinned tightly underneath him. His eyes are huge in the dark but he doesn't say anything, he just wants to make sure I'm awake.

I nod without words. Who needs words? We don't.

An eternity later we're up, sitting together, limbs tangled, euphoria achieved. I'm afraid I might be hurt if I move. He won't let that happen. I lock my arms around his neck tightly to protect myself as he holds me up slightly, bringing me down just enough that he loses his grip on the night completely, sliding into the dark, taking me with him. He gets up and forces me back down on my face, pulling me up away from earth again. I feel Lochlan's hands take mine and he is there and no way. Not doing this. Ben puts his hand over my eyes, pulling my head back against his chest. No no no. I flail against Lochlan's arms but he presses his head against mine, just above Ben's hand.

We won't hurt you, he promises but I don't believe him. Instead I fight and Ben pulls me back, flipping me down onto my back, pinning my arms and legs.

It's fine. 

I shake my head. Lochlan smooths my bangs back, whispering shhhh against my temple. Headphones are put on me and I close my eyes and dive deep down into the music where they can't find me.

I feel myself pulled up into thin air and Lochlan is behind me now. They stroke my head, my face, my skin. Once the goosebumps go away, once I stop fighting, once I forget and go back to the music, all muscles relaxed, they take over and I let them.

I can't breathe. The music is so loud. We're moving but we're not moving. Lochlan's arms are locked around me so hard I feel like my ribs will break but it's also the least of my worries somehow.

The sensory overload kills me dead and I am resurrected all in the same night. If only it were this easy. If only this were easy. If only. Easy. If.