Saturday 1 November 2008

For she's a jolly good psycho...

The past twenty-four hours have been a blur of costumes, candy, eyeliner (yes, on everybody, what did you expect?) and quick pecks on cheeks as people have been in and out. For a while there I feared the kids were suddenly going to have a better social life than I do, only of course I'm not supposed to have a social life at all right now, especially not this week as we round the corner to the final six days of suck and then whatever comes after that.

Well, don't look at me. Every day I open my eyes is a fantastic surprise with mostly no plans and I can do whatever I want. Maybe that's a gift in itself but I haven't quite learned to appreciate that yet.

In the meantime, there's a party tonight. It's a half-Halloween, half-graduation party (for me! For graduating from Sam's program!) thrown by Caleb, who throws one hell of a party when he's less the devil and more James Bond. Plus he wanted to break in his new loft in style, and style is what Caleb does best. Everyone is going. EVERYONE.

Because it's a party for me.

And boy, do I need a party. It's been such a long time. It might not be the best time, but I'll make do.