Wednesday 1 November 2006

The princess won't be in today.

I was all set to sit down this morning and write of the latest news, but instead I packed up the kids early and took all three of us to the doctor. Because we've all hit the end of our ropes with the nighttime coughing. I figured the doctor would give me some ideas, or hell, a script for some better cough medicine for them, because there has been no sleep. None. The only reason I don't care about the sleep is that the medications I'm already on give me an emotional free pass on so many things it's practically criminal. Instead we left with scripts for antibiotics and a diagnosis of bacterial pneumonia.

Now tell me how special that is.

I'm the opposite of a hypochondriac, which is how I somehow let weeks of this coughing slip past us. Everyone feels pretty good during the day and so it became easy to put off. We figure we were all so rundown anyhow and then the hospital stay/trips at the beginning of October brought something to us that we had nothing left to fight back with. Tell me about it.

At least Jake is fine. He is rarely sick. I have no idea what that must be like but I bet it's just great. Me? I'm going to go make another pot of tea and watch a movie. And milk this whole lethargy thing while I can.