Monday 6 November 2006

Crush.

This whole teaching gig reminds me of a crush I harboured in middle school. My Junior High English teacher, who was once accused of getting 'too close' to his students. Oh I wished to be one of those ones but I never was. The rumors turned out to be false eventually. I still really liked him.

He was kind and patient and encouraged me to write, because he assured me I was pretty good at it.

Because I got an A+ on my book report for Starring Sally J. Freedman as Herself.

He was blonde and blue-eyed too. He wore plaid shirts and jeans and he had a beard.

I'm sensing a trend here...

I told Jacob I hoped he was ready for all the university-girl crushes that will soon follow him from one semester to the next but he assures me it can't be any worse than Mrs. MacAskill down the street. She's 86, long-widowed and I think she would eat Jacob for breakfast.

If she could catch him with her walker.