Tuesday 13 June 2006

Two for Tuesday.

Point form goodness for your reading pleasure, I'm too tired to string it together.

-comments are not off, I hid them somehow and managed to restore them after 45 minutes of fighting with the overheating laptop. I'm so not computer-literate. Hell, I'm barely literate.

-Got a surprise phonecall from Jacob's wife today. (don't panic, divorce is final in a couple of weeks). She wished us well. She wished us luck with having a baby. She's seeing a nice guy, he's a lawyer who also doesn't want any kids (!). I won't even touch upon why they married each other in the first place. Oh yes, she was 33 then and didn't want to be alone and he was looking to forget. We couldn't be more different though but it's civilized. I know, I said that before and look what happened.

And no, I'm not pregnant. Holy lord you people.

-I can't open the front door. Funny. We used the original turnlock and knob on the inside for historical accuracy and a new deadbolt and keyed knob on the outside and when Jacob changed the locks it was very difficult to turn afterward. He's going to reinstall it tonight but until he does I can't get the mail and there's a catalogue that looks intriguing, and no porch swing either. Boooo!

-The wine, yes. I know. The wine is gone, none since Saturday. I know it's only Tuesday but we were having a glass every night with dinner. No more. I need a break from it before it becomes a permanent way to escape from my mind. Jacob's happy to drink coffee 24 hours a day. He actually does this. Sometimes tea but mostly coffee.

-Speaking of coffee, if you have a pod coffee machine tell me. I'm looking at them with interest. Because it would be so easy to drink coffee 24 hours a day. And paint the house at midnight or vibrate around the living room long after I should be asleep. On second thought, never mind.

-Teaching a 6 yr old to ride a bike without training wheels is just about harder than toilet training was. I'm so not kidding. But since the reading isn't going any better we'll just bat zero and roll on to summer.

-I'm rambling aren't I? Okay enough.