Tuesday 6 June 2006

Finally, one we both like.

Because I wrote the off-switch entry yesterday and finished it this morning, here's the daily entry. Because I keep forgetting today is Tuesday.

One of the joys of new, every day life is the fact that Jake works from home at the beginning of each week. He's here. He's home! And he loves big lunches and he doesn't wait for me to make them, he just starts. (Cole worked all the time, and relied heavily on Jacob to keep us entertained, safe, and busy. Note to workaholics everywhere, not such a great plan)

Oh, yes. Here it comes. This week's edition of Solitary Culinary Karaoke. Previous entries are searchable.

Outstanding. I come inside and I hear...well, cool! He finally figured out iTunes and is playing, what the..he's playing the new Switchfoot single. Which is free, by the way.

    I've seen the darkest things
    crawling inside of me
    I've seen the monsters come alive
    I've seen the enemy
    The nightmare follows me
    Searching the darkness for a light

    Waiting for daylight to break up this room
    Waiting for daylight to break

    I've been alone in the dark
    I've been dreaming
    and waking up without you
    I've been waking up without you
    for too long

    Back in the tragedy
    I've made a mess of me
    My bitter means my bitter ends
    I see the irony
    it gets the best of me
    dying to be made new again (again)

    Waiting for daylight to break up this room
    Waiting for daylight to break

    I've been alone in the dark
    I've been dreaming, the day, when dreamers are awake

    The sun hits my eyes
    and everything is right
    I've been waking up without you
    I've been waking up without you
    I've been warring alarms til you were in my arms
    I've been waking up without you
    I've been waking up without you for too long


He hinted that it might become his new theme song. Which is so cool because he will pretty much listen to anything but he was holding out and hardly ever listen to Switchfoot, one of my all-time favorite bands.

Jacob, the gentle giant, has crumbled at last. (insert evil maniacal laughter here). I didn't record this one, I was too stunned by his song choice. Sorry Benjamin!